August 5 • 5:00 p.m.
(All times are in PDT)
Celebrate a sabertooth summer with Summer Nights at the Tar Pits. Grab a drink at the Tar Bar while you relax, listen to live DJ sets, and bring a blanket for a picnic at the park. Explore the museum as we celebrate the mighty predators of the Ice Age, the saber-toothed cats, and chat with scientists about the discoveries made here! Attend a show or meet friends, this purring the evening is yours.
August 5, 2022 | 5pm-8pm
- Free admission to the museum / Open until 8 p.m.
- Live DJ from Ladies of Sound | August 5 – DJ TiffStarr, DJ XSam, DJ Dr Samson
- Special appearances by Performing Arts Saber-Toothed Cats Nibbles and Cali
- Cali at Fossil Lab (indoor): 6 p.m. & 7 p.m.
- Snacks (Outside): 6:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Contextual presentations from museum educators
- Sabertooth Cat (indoor meeting by Fossil Lab): 5:30 p.m.
- Excavator Tour (meeting inside by Fossil Lab): 6:15 p.m.
- Tar bar and food trucks!
DJ’S FOR AUGUST OFFERED BY LADIES OF SOUND / 5-8 PM
TiffStarrr (5pm-6pm) DJ TiffStarr is a B-girl turned DJ; wife and mother of two who never skips a beat. She launched her DJ career in 2014 after finishing the scratch DJ Academy in New York and has been rocking the decks ever since. Now underscoring women’s interest in Hip Hop culture, she is co-host and DJ of Meetings In the Ladies Room, and her own live stream on Twitch where she provides music for your ears for up to four days a week. week.
XSam (6pm-7pm) DJ XSam is a Beat Junkie Institute of Sound prodigy, trained since she was just 8 years old. Now a multi-talented 14 year old, playing both piano and turntables, XSam is a force in this new generation of exceptional talent!
Dr. Samson (7 p.m.-8 p.m.) Sherille, aka Dr. Samson, is a Beat Junkie Institute of Sound alumnus. His passion for music dates back to childhood. Growing up in the 90s and watching her DJ friends, she finally had the opportunity to live her DJ dream. She is excited about the growing group of men and women that BJIOS has created and is proud to be part of such a caring and supportive community.