Fat Cat Music Group is looking for a creative, reliable and passionate social media and event coordination intern to join our small team based in Brisbane, working across our two electronic dance music event brands , “The Biscuit Factory” and “Massive”. You will learn with us as we strengthen and grow our brands and expand into other national markets.
The unpaid internship will last 3 months with a commitment of 1 day per week depending on your availability. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to get a foothold in the music and events industry, with a written reference following your time with us and the opportunity for a paid position for the good person.
This experience will include tasks such as:
- Help grow and coordinate our team of street promoters
- Assistance in developing and executing new marketing campaigns and transforming your ideas into actionable marketing strategies
- Seeking new local, regional and national talent for future show bookings
- Support the team on site for events as needed
- Copywriting, content creation and planning of email, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok campaigns
- Research and showcase current music and social media trends
- Communicate important information to street promoters, venues, artist managers and other relevant parties
- Evaluate past and present competition venues to assess the effectiveness of our own strategies and make recommendations for improvement
- Occasional administrative tasks
We are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about bass music, live events, pop culture and social media trends
- Excellent written communication skills with great attention to detail
- Desire to learn, strategic mind and ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok and Facebook
- A ‘people person’ with knowledge and passion for the Brisbane bass music scene
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in creative industries, business/marketing or the arts is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Must be at least 18 years old
In exchange we offer:
- You will gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills that you can then apply to your future studies or employment in the music industry.
- You’ll learn the intricacies of hosting live music events from start to finish
- Valuable knowledge in social media marketing
- You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most prominent musicians, agents, managers and event planners in the international electronic music scene.
- Your internship may be accredited according to the relevant study requirements within your undergraduate program (subject to institutional approval)
- A written letter of reference or reference for a future job/employer
- The possibility of continued paid work for the right person.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter answering the following questions:
- What are the musical events and places you like to attend?
- Tell us about your favorite event or concert you attended, and why?
- Tell us about your favorite music or event marketing campaign and why do you think it was effective?